CDMT works with its validated members who offer grades in dance, drama, music and musical theatre to:
- provide an authoritative source of information for government agencies when dealing with issues of recognition, regulation and accreditation across the performing arts
- promote the benefits of graded examinations to the public and raise their status within the UK and internationally
- ensure the continued integrity of assessment methods and the reliability of standards across all disciplines.
Projects to date include: the production of a booklet to promote Graded Examinations as a distinct qualification type; a supporting website to promote participants’ qualifications; a sector report outlining the international regulatory status of the grades; an e-booklet highlighting the impact of Covid-19, and representations to the All-Party Parliamentary Group for Performing Arts Education and Training.
See the Publications section of the Graded Exams website www.gradedexams.com to view the following papers and reports:
- Graded Exams: The Definitive Guide
- Sector report on Graded Exams
- Statistical report on the working practices of Dance Teachers
- Report on Graded Exams and GCSEs/A Levels
- Report on higher level qualifications in the performing arts