CDMT’s Recognised Awards are a set of industry-designed standards for part-time performing arts schools and teachers committed to upholding safe and professional standards of practice.
CDMT's awards enable students and parents/carers to make informed choices about schools and teachers providing performing arts training.
The Awards confirm that schools and teachers:
- Adhere to appropriate Professional Policies and Procedures, including safeguarding and health & safety
- Hold valid DBS Certificates and adequate Insurance
- Adhere to the CDMT Code of Professional Conduct and Practice
- Have the appropriate level of relevant Teaching Qualifications and/or Professional Experience
Schools and teachers holding a Recognised Award are entitled to:
- Complementary inclusion in CDMT's national online searchable database of schools and teachers
- Display of the CDMT Recognised Award certificate
- Display of the CDMT Recognised School logo on marketing and promotional materials
- Discounted subscriptions from partner and supporting organisations – eg. IDS, The Stage, Dancing Times
- Discounted offers on DanceBiz management software, an efficiency tool used by hundreds of dance schools
- Unlimited supplies of CDMT Recognised Awards promotional leaflets and posters