CDMT is at the forefront of the production of relevant reports for the performing arts education and training sector, with the purpose of influencing the thinking of parliamentarians, civil servants and regulators alike.
CDMT draws on research, analysis and expertise to produce authoritative sources of information about the professional schools, conservatoires and awarding organisations with whom CDMT shares a mission for advancing outstanding artistic performance across dance, drama, and musical theatre.
We are proud to showcase the achievements of our members, and to highlight the ways in which CDMT has worked to support them in our shared endeavour of providing the highest standards at every level of training, education and assessment in the performing arts – a vibrant and energised pipeline leading ultimately, for some, to industry-standard vocational courses and a fulfilling career.
The following publications have been produced in support of CDMT’s membership and the sector more widely:
- Restarting the Sector 2021: Practical Lessons in the Performing Arts
- Time of Challenge 2021: Vocational Training in Dance, Drama and Musical Theatre
- Question at the House of Lords in support of awarding organisations offering graded examinations in the performing arts
- The Dance and Drama Awards funding scheme: Successes and Challenges
- Integrating primary and secondary arts education with the work of awarding organisations offering graded examinations in the performing arts
- Bulletin one of the All-Party Parliamentary Group for Performing Arts Education and Training
- Preserving and diversifying the future of performing arts education and training
- Performing Arts for All: Promoting Creativity and Aspiration in Every Young Person
- Summary Factsheet of Performing Arts Qualifications Held by Students Entering Training
- CDMT Graded Examinations Data Report 2021/2022
- Regulatory Report on Graded Examinations for the Performing Arts
- Summary of the Regulatory Report on Graded Examinations for the Performing Arts
- Securing access to performing arts education for all Building a stronger future final with links