Mission, Vision and Values
We have proudly served the sector since 1979, and it is CDMT’s mission to ensure that all children and young people experience the power of the performing arts, starting with the schools and early years settings where they find their first opportunities, progressing to specialist provision in support of their skills development. Further, for those to whom the performing arts represents a viable and valuable career option, CDMT advocates strongly for secure access to, and support for, professional vocational training to secure the pipeline of performers and teachers upon whom the future of the creative sector depends.
Our vision is to provide leadership in the performing arts sector through representing, and advocating on behalf of, a diverse range of high-quality providers, as well as providing valuable quality assurance, membership, and information services. To do this with authority, we will operate on an intelligence-led basis underpinned by up-to-date and in-depth information—preparing for the future by strengthening the organisation both in itself and its structures, and in terms of its reach.
CDMT is a values-driven charity which acts with integrity and resilience to:
- Embrace diversity, inclusivity and open communication to foster creative and collaborative working relationships in all aspects of our operations
- Treat people with dignity, honesty and respect
- Stay agile and intentional in finding innovative solutions to issues as they emerge, including significant changes to government policy and sector priorities
- Draw on the wide range of trusted research, experience and practice that exists in the education and training community and underpins our commitment to world-class performing arts provision
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement amongst our member institutions, our networks of teaching practitioners, and our central team.