CDMT provides quality assurance for the professional dance, drama and musical theatre industries. It is the first point of contact for those seeking information on education, training and assessment in the UK. CDMT negotiates with government bodies, as well as national and international agencies on behalf of our member organisations.
- Accredits excellent professional training at full-time dance, drama, musical theatre and performing arts schools—providing the industry benchmark of quality since 1979
- Validates the world's leading awarding organisations which offer performing arts qualifications
- Works with Affiliates and Collaborative bodies to develop the highest standards of programme provision across the performing arts
- Recognises, by means of the Recognised Awards Scheme, pre-vocational dance, drama, musical theatre and performing arts schools and teachers
- Provides membership and other specialist services through the Conference of Professional Schools, Awarding Organisations Committee, Steering Group for the Dance and Drama Awards (DaDA), Affiliate meetings and Graded Examinations Forum
- Negotiates with government authorities on issues of education funding, policy and regulation
- Manages a substantial public-facing online platform which promotes members and core services, as well as administering two information websites for DaDA and Graded Examinations respectively
- Publishes the UK Guide to professional training, education and assessment in dance, drama, musical theatre and the performing arts, which is the definitive resource for those seeking information on quality provision in the sector (sponsored by Spotlight)
- Operates a free comprehensive information service for students, parents, teachers, artists and employers.